Sep 27, 2016
Meet the 7 Vehicles in Jeep’s 2016 Lineup
7. 2016 Patriot
The 2016 Jeep Patriot’s claim to fame is the fact that it is a great SUV that is sold at a low price point; in fact, it is one of the lowest prices on the market. This model is available in a five speed manual or a six speed automatic. It comes standard as front wheel drive, but all-wheel drive is also available.
- Premium Heated Seats – This system is perfect for when the temperature outside the vehicle is less than optimal. The seats can be adjusted to two different heat levels to accommodate the needs of the driver and the passenger.
- Parkview Rear Distance Camera – This functionality shows the driver the exact distance the back of the vehicle is from other objects, which helps to ensure that the driver does not accidentally back into something.
This vehicle will perform great in mud, sand, rocks, rain, or snow. The Patriot is capable of performing in off-road situations while still maintaining the comfort level of an on-road ride. In a performance test, the 2016 Patriot went from zero to 60 MPH in 9.4 seconds flat.
Things to note: The front wheel drive version of the 2016 Patriot received a three out of five-star rating in government crash tests for front end collisions and impacts. Though the score is not great, here are some features that are worth noting:
- Anti-lock brakes; both front discs and rear drums
- Stability and traction control
- Front side airbags
The Patriot offers 30 MPG on the highway, which means that you could travel a full 400 miles on a tank of gas. This vehicle gets about 23 MPG in the city.
- Subaru XV Crosstrek
- Jeep Renegade
- The 2016 Patriot has a compact design and a spacious interior.
- This car is an extremely affordable vehicle. For 17k, you get a lot of great performance.
- It has great fuel economy.
- The design aesthetics are very similar to the previous model.
- Like some of the other Jeep vehicles we’ve covered here, this Jeep has limited cargo space.
The line of Jeep vehicles for the 2016 year is very impressive. There’s just about a vehicle for every level of taste and performance inclination. Some of the models that we’ve reviewed here are great for the off-road and some perform better in city environments; all are great for delivering excellent driving performance with plenty of comfort and style to go around.
If you’re looking for a new Jeep vehicle that’ll get you where you need to go, use our suggestions to decide what vehicle most fits your needs. Remember, whether you are looking to purchase a vehicle for rough terrain or smooth roads, a Jeep vehicle will last you for years and provide reliable performance throughout its life-cycle, so take the time to do a few test drives before making a decision.